Spanish for Healthcare Professionals
More than 35 million U.S. residents now speak Spanish. As the Hispanic population continues to grow, so does the need for healthcare workers who speak Spanish. Don’t let language and cultural barriers interfere with your ability to provide high quality care! Now there’s a Spanish course designed specifically for medical professionals that will help you:
- Make a personal connection with patients and their families
- Facilitate patient orientation
- Assess patient comfort
- Gather and convey basic information
- Inform and instruct about basic procedures
- Prepare the patient for discharge
- Question patients about their symptoms
- Conduct physical examinations
- Give follow up instructions
No previous experience necessary. No textbook required, handouts will be provided. This course is taught by Silvi Galmozzi, an experienced medical translator and Spanish teacher.
Sessions – Spring Session I 2020
Healthcare workers are some of the busiest people we know. That’s why we designed this course to fit your schedule. This four-week course meets twice a week from 5:30pm to 6:30pm Tuesdays and Thursdays. Spring Session I will meet from March 31-April 23. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or you can sign up here.