Spanish for Healthcare Professionals
More than 35 million U.S. residents now speak Spanish. As the Hispanic population continues to grow, so does the need for healthcare workers who speak Spanish. Don’t let language and cultural barriers interfere with your ability to provide high quality care! Now there’s a Spanish course designed specifically for medical professionals that will help you:
- Make a personal connection with patients and their families
- Facilitate patient orientation
- Assess patient comfort
- Gather and convey basic information
- Inform and instruct about basic procedures
- Prepare the patient for discharge
- Question patients about their symptoms
- Conduct physical examinations
- Give follow up instructions
No previous experience necessary. No textbook required, handouts will be provided. This course is taught by Silvi Galmozzi, an experienced medical interpreter and Spanish teacher.
Sessions – Spring 2021
This 8-session course will meet via Zoom on Mondays from 5:30-7pm. Please note that we will not meet on April 5th in observance of Easter Monday. The class will be capped at 6 people so please sign up in advance. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 541-728-3022 if you would like to learn more about this course to ensure that it is the best fit for you.